FUCOIDAN-POLYPHENOL COMPLEX FOR SKINCARE
Maritech® Bright is a highly characterised, certified organic fucoidan-polyphenol ingredient sourced from wild grown Fucus vesiculosus seaweed. This seaweed (commonly known as bladderwrack) grows in the pristine ocean waters of Nova Scotia and Brittany, where it is harvested on an environmentally sustainable basis.
Marine polyphenols and fucoidans naturally protect Fucus vesiculosus against a range of external stresses, including UV damage and marine-borne pathogens and toxins. Maritech® Bright delivers these benefits by providing superior antioxidant activity to protect skin from the damaging effects of free radicals.
Clinical studies have shown that Maritech® Bright is safe, non-sensitising and highly effective at brightening skin. It enhances radiance and visibly reduces age spot pigmentation. Central to the efficacy of this ingredient is its proven ability to inhibit elastase, collagenase and tyrosinase – key enzymes known to accelerate the visible signs of ageing.
Maritech® Bright has undergone extensive in vitro and human clinical testing. Examples of the potential benefits and biological effects identified in this testing include:
- Reduction of pigment and age spots by 20% in just 60 days
- Increased brightness (gloss) by 16% in just 60 days
- Inhibition of tyrosinase by 97%
- Smoothed skin and reduced wrinkle depth
- Reduced the visibility of wrinkles and improved overall skin appearance
- Increased the expression of the SIRT1 anti-ageing protein by 32%
- Protected skin by inhibition of collagenase and elastase enzymes and glycation by up to 99%
- Exceptional ORAC 6.0 score of 28,689 micromoles TE/g – more than double that of Vitamin C
- Protects against free radicals caused by UV exposure, pollution and other environmental stresses
- Superoxide scavenging ability 86x higher than resveratrol and 38x higher than curcumin
RECOMMENDED INCLUSION RATE
Clinical testing has confirmed the bioactivity of Maritech® Bright at 0.3% w/v.
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE CONDITIONS
Maritech® Bright is shelf-stable for five years. Store in a cool, clean place in well-sealed containers that are protected from light, heat and moisture.
SAFE & NON-SENSITISING
Clinical testing has confirmed that Maritech® Bright is safe for topical application. It is free of preservatives, non-sensitising, non-irritating and non-allergenic.
- Certified organic
- Solvent-free extraction
- Not tested on animals
- Non-sentising, non-toxic and non-irritating
- COSMOS certified
- Halal, Kosher, vegan
- Allergen free
- Preservative free
- Water soluble
- Easy to formulate
- Produced in Australia in ISO9001, HACCP & GMP certified facilities
- REACH Exempt, EU
- NICNAS registered, Australia
- TGA Listed Ingredient, Australia
- IECIC Listed Ingredient, China