HIGH-PURITY FUCOIDAN EXTRACT
Maritech® Fucus vesiculosus extract is a highly characterised, certified organic fucoidan ingredient sourced from wild Fucus vesiculosus seaweed. This seaweed (commonly known as bladderwrack) grows in the pristine ocean waters of Nova Scotia and Brittany, where it is harvested on an environmentally sustainable basis.
The unique fucoidan found in Fucus vesiculosus seaweed is highly sulfated, with a backbone containing predominantly fucose. A small ‘branch’ of the molecule can be seen on the left or above. Fucoidan extracted from Fucus vesiculosus seaweed has been shown to have a range of biological properties, including beneficial effects in the areas of inflammation, immune modulation, gut health and enzyme inhibition.
Clinically tested and safe, this high-purity natural ingredient is a versatile and superior choice for a variety of nutraceutical formulations.
Maritech® Fucus vesiculosus extract has undergone extensive in vitro, in vivo and human clinical testing. Examples of the potential benefits and biological effects identified in this testing include:
- Supported the growth of probiotic bacteria
- Increased the function of tight junctions in the gut wall
- Reduction in the clinical signs and markers of ulcerative colitis
- Inhibition of H. pylori adhesion to human stomach cells
- Inhibition of E. coli adhesion to human epithelial cells
- Inhibition of stomach ulcers and inflammation
- Significantly increased cytotoxic T cell and natural killer cell numbers
- Significantly increased the phagocytic activity of monocytes and granulocytes
- Induced a 500% increase in IgG levels
- Inhibition of biofilm formation of Aspergillus sp.
- Decreased osteoarthritis symptoms in adults by 52%
- Inhibition of COX1, COX2 and LOX15 activity
- Reduction and downregulation of Interleukin-6
- Significantly reduced colon and stomach inflammation
- Inhibition of the inflammatory enzyme hyaluronidase
- Inhibition of the binding and entry of a range of viruses to host cells
Clinical testing has confirmed that Maritech® Fucus vesiculosus extract is safe for human consumption. It is a natural seaweed compound that has been shown to be non-toxic and non-allergenic.
- Certified organic
- Solvent-free extraction
- Kosher, Halal, Vegan
- Gluten free
- Allergen free
- Preservative free
- Water soluble
- Easy to formulate
- Produced in Australia in ISO9001, HACCP & GMP certified facilities
- Generally Recognised as Safe (GRAS), USA
- EU Novel Foods approval
- TGA Listed Ingredient, Australia
- Compliant with Algae Product requirements, China
- KFDA registered, Korea