HIGH PURITY FUCOIDAN FOR SKINCARE
Maritech® Reverse is a high-purity fucoidan extract with clinically proven soothing, protecting and anti-ageing properties. This award-winning skincare ingredient is extracted from wild grown Undaria pinnatifida seaweed (commonly known as wakame or mekabu), which grows in the pristine coastal waters of Patagonia and Tasmania. All seaweed is hand-harvested on an environmentally sustainable basis.
Fucoidan protects seaweed against a range of external stresses, including UV radiation and environmental contaminants such as marine-borne pathogens and viruses. Maritech® Reverse captures these protective benefits in one natural, soothing ingredient designed to maintain the youthful appearance of skin by protecting its building blocks and enhancing dermal condition.
Research into the effects of Maritech® Reverse on skin microbiome also demonstrates the potential to support a healthy epidermal barrier and assist in the balancing of skin microbiome.
Maritech® Reverse is COSMOS organic-certified and provides an unrivalled combination of soothing, protecting, anti-ageing and balancing properties for skincare and cosmetic formulations.
Maritech® Reverse has undergone extensive in vitro and human clinical testing. Examples of the potential benefits and biological effects identified in this testing include:
- Reduced wrinkle depth by 9% and skin roughness by 8%
- Increased skin elasticity by 17%
- Improved overall skin appearance by 60% in just 12 weeks
- Inhibition of collagenase and elastase by up to 99%
- Protected against free radical producing enzymes and glycation by 50%
- Increased the expression of the SIRT1 anti-ageing protein by 28%
- Stimulated the innate immune response, boosting defense mechanisms by up to 387%
- Reduced redness by up to 45% following UV exposure
- Protection from viruses, including multiple strains of herpes simplex virus
- Increased moisture retention by up to 30% following UV exposure
- Activation of key restorative genes within the skin following UV damage
- Soothed skin by inhibiting myeloperoxidase by up to 99%
- Significant beneficial alteration of gene expression, including genes typically associated with skin barrier function, wound healing processes and fluid accumulation
- Significant inhibition of the adhesion of Staphylococcus aureus – typically abundant on the skin of atopic dermatitis (eczema) patients
- Significant reduction of the adhesion of Cutibacterium acnes – believed to play an important role in the common skin disease acne
- No effect on the adhesion of Staphylococcus epidermidis – a common bacterium found on healthy skin
- Subtle inhibition of periostin release – a well-known marker of atopic dermatitis (eczema)
RECOMMENDED INCLUSION RATE
Clinical testing has confirmed the bioactivity of Maritech® Reverse at 0.1-0.3% w/v.
Maritech® Reverse is shelf-stable for five years. Store in a cool, clean place in well-sealed containers that are protected from light, heat and moisture.
Clinical testing has confirmed that Maritech® Reverse is safe for topical application. It is free of preservatives, is non-sensitising, non-irritating, non-allergenic and has not been tested on animals.
- Certified organic
- Solvent-free extraction
- Not tested on animals
- Non-sensitising, non-toxic and non-irritating
- COSMOS certified
- Halal, Kosher, vegan
- Allergen free
- Preservative free
- Water soluble
- Easy to formulate
- Produced in Australia in ISO9001, HACCP & GMP certified facilities
- REACH Exempt, EU
- NICNAS registered, Australia
- IECIC Listed Ingredient, China